We have made it to the fifth and final installment of The Hundred Deconstructed series - hooray!!! Today’s topic: Arm movement.
I often use this arm movement as the universal sign for Pilates. When my friends ask where I’m going, I give them “The Hundred arm motion” and they know I’m about to go teach or take class (if I’m lucky).
In my latest video, I break down the arm motion, where it’s coming from and how to know you’re really doing it correctly. When you do, your body sure won’t forget.
Take a peek at the video below and get your Hundred arms going long and strong!
It is my sincere desire that you enjoy The Hundred. By breaking down all the components that go into this complex warm-up exercise, I hope it gives you some things to focus on while you're in the heat of the moment.
Here is a review of what we covered in the series:
- Breath: Breathe in fully for 5 counts and out fully for 5 counts
- Pelvic Position: Knowing the ideal and finding the best choice for you
- Head, neck & shoulders: How to prep for that head lift and how to sustain it while you’re up there
- Leg position: choose the best position for you
- Arm motion: long and strong to make those abdominals react
Any new insights into the Hundred now that we've gone through it all? Is anything feeling easier? Leave a comment in the box below and let me know.
Thank you so much for reading, watching and joining me for Pilates. See you at the platform or the studio!